Thank you for considering The Borland Center for Performing Arts as a location for your next event. The Borland Center provides a variety of room types and sizes that are available as rentals, parties, meetings, and other gatherings. For the purpose of this document, anyone renting the facility shall be referred to as the lessee.
- Anyone interested in renting space at The Borland Center for Performing Arts must first read the FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS and complete a RESERVATION APPLICATION at least thirty (30) days prior to the event. Reservation Applications submitted inside the 30-day requirement may not receive approval in time for the event. There is no charge for submitting a Reservation Application.
- The Reservation Application requests details of the event including, but not limited to, nature of the event, agenda, the number of guests expected and any special needs or requirements.
- After the Reservation Application form has been received, you will be contacted regarding approval of your request. Additional information may also be obtained at this time.
- If you would like to schedule a tour of the available facilities, it is recommended that you call in advance to be sure the rooms are available for viewing. Normal business hours are Monday through Friday 10 am to 4 pm.
- Upon approval of your event with a Borland representative, you will be contacted to sign a contract and pay a deposit of 50% of the total estimated rental fee. YOUR RESERVATION IS NOT CONFIRMED UNTIL A RENTAL AGREEMENT IS EXECUTED AND REQUIRED FEES ARE PAID. The remaining 50% rental fee is due according to contract.
- A valid credit card is required as security for any potential damage or loss.
- If a lessee ends an event early, no partial refunds will be given.
- If deemed necessary by The Borland Center, an applicant may be required to submit in writing additional details about their event. The Borland Center reserves the right to deem an activity inappropriate and refuse or rescind approval.
- Access to facility is permitted no earlier than 10:00 am without prior written approval from The Borland Center.
- All approved activities must be in accordance with the FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS. Failure to vacate the facility at the agreed time (including clean up) will result in a charge of $150/hour. Lessee will not have access any earlier or later than the scheduled rental time. Please take this into consideration when scheduling your event.
- The Borland Center does not provide tableware, silverware, place settings, centerpieces, decorations or equipment other than what is listed in the document for rentals. The lessee is responsible for all decorating and other special preparations necessary for the event (as approved). It is the responsibility of the lessee to inform The Borland Center of deliveries, room set up, etc. Such requests must be made two (2) weeks prior to the event.
Standard rental hours are 10 am to 11 pm within a 7-hour block. Usage beyond this 7-hour block will incur a rental fee surcharge of $75/hour.
Hourly event planning consultations with the Borland event staff are complimentary for the first hour and $25 for each additional hour.
Coordinating the Event:
- Room set up
- Make sure all vendors arrive on time and assist as needed.
Holiday Black-Out Dates:
*The Borland Center will be closed in observance of the holidays listed below and will not be available for rental.
New Year's Day
- Independence Day
- Mother's Day
- Easter Weekend
- Labor DayFather's Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- Rental fee includes set-up of chairs and tables.
- Lessee is required to provide The Borland Center a detailed layout of the room set-up and decorating plans at least two (2) weeks prior to the event. If no written layout is received by this time, the lessee will be subject to the layout design of The Borland Center. Set-ups cannot be changed the day of the event.
- Any decorating, covering, or changes to the facility should be discussed at the time of the rental application and put in writing as part of the contract.
- Decorations must be pre-approved by The Borland Center. Decorations must be free-standing or tabletop. Tape, nails, screws, tacks, staples, or other surface adhesives or objects that may damage the walls are not permitted. The lessee will be charged for any repairs. Confetti and/or glitter are not permitted.
Outside Vendors and Caterers:
- All outside vendors or services purchased such as D.J.s, bands, performers, rental companies, etc. must complete and sign the Outside Vendor Information Sheet prior to the event, as well as provide a certificate of insurance naming The Borland Center as additionally insured and meet any insurance requirements.
- Outside vendors must abide by all facility rules and regulations.
- All insured forms must be given to The Borland Center within two (2) weeks of event or else the reservation will be removed from the calendar.
Organizations who do not give at least a 3-day notice for cancellation of activities may not be allowed the use of space in the future and will forfeit their deposit.
For events where the public is invited, the lessee will be required to provide a certificate of insurance naming The Borland Center as additionally insured and meet any insurance requirements.
Deposits and Billing:
- A deposit of 50% of the total estimated fee will be required at the time the contract is made. Most events will require at least two (2) meetings. The first meeting is upon initial request for one (1) hour and the second meeting prior to the event (and meetings to follow) will be billed at $25/hour.
- All fees are due and payable prior to the event.
- Credit card payment is available. If a lessee wishes to pay by credit card, a credit card form will be transmitted to them upon request. Payments may also be made in person. Payments may also be made by check.
- Clean-up must be completed within the rental hours noted on the approved contract. The lessee is responsible for making sure that the rental room and any other areas affected by the rental (restrooms, kitchen, and outside grounds of the facility, etc.) are clear of debris, food and beverage spills, personal belongings, rental equipment and decorations by the end of the clean-up period.
- Garbage must be collected and placed in or next to the trash containers located inside the facility.
- The lessee will be responsible for the replacement or repairs of any part of the building or its contents therein, which becomes broken, defaced, or damaged as a result of the rental.
- The Borland Center will not be responsible for any property that is left on the premises by an individual or group using The Borland Center.
- The facility and its content must be left in the same condition in which the group found them.
Facility Rules and Regulations:
1. Zero Tolerance for any employee or vendor using alcohol or drugs.
2. Animals (except service animals) are not permitted in the facility unless part of an authorized event.
3. The Borland Center staff shall have the right to enter all rooms, at any time, during scheduled events.
4. Staff may regulate amplified sound. If staff requests lessee or other representatives to turn down music and they do not comply, the group may be asked to leave.
5. The sale of goods, services, food, beverage, or charging an admission fee is not permitted unless approved by The Borland Center prior to the event.
6. Any group or person violating the established FACILITY RULES AND REGULATIONS, or constituting a nuisance, may be requested to leave the facility. The misuse of the facility will be sufficient reason for terminating the agreement with no refund.
7. A Borland Center staff member will be on duty at all times during a rental and is responsible for general conduct in the facility. S/He has authority over enforcement of the rules governing the facility.
8. Courtesy and safety are mandatory. Equipment abuse, profanity and fighting are unacceptable behavior and result in expulsion from the facility.
9. Nothing can be stored or left in the facility without prior approval.
10. All vendors must have name-designation clearly visible.
11. No Borland Center specific events will allow the sale of alcohol on the premises.
12. Equipment that belongs to the Borland Center cannot be used by the lessee or event personnel/vendors without the approval of the Borland Center.
13. Only Borland Center employees can move the retractable walls in Community Hall.
14. Any stains to the carpets are the responsibility of the lessee.
15. Any visitors to the Borland Center must be accompanied by a Borland Center employee when visiting the building.
16. Absolutely no smoking on the premises.
17. Borland Center visitors enter on the west side of the building at the Administrative Offices entrance.
18. Any use of the kitchen or any equipment in the kitchen must have specific approval.
19. All vendors must supply Certificate of Insurance naming the Borland Center as additional insured.
20. Any damage caused to the building by any non-Borland employees is the sole responsibility of the person causing the damage. Lessee is responsible for defacing of property.
21. No foul language is allowed on the premises.
22. No tape is to be used on any of the walls or windows. We have a special adhesive for this process.
23. Nothing can be hung from the ceiling without a Borland Center employee present.
24. No signs are allowed to be placed on PGA Blvd.
25. Signs in Midtown Plaza must be approved by the Borland Center.
26. No writing on any walls.
27. No use of the Coffee House, its equipment or food is allowed without prior approval.
28. The dressing rooms are the only location where food and beverage is permitted for cast/crew/stage managers.
29. All food and beverage is strictly prohibited on stage. Only bottled water is permitted.
30. Parking is permitted in designated parking spaces only.
31. For all events in Community Hall, parking must be on the upper deck of parking garage.
32. No signs can be distributed or displayed in Midtown Plaza without approval.
1. Kitchen rentals include the use of preparation areas, sink, ice machine, microwaves, warming ovens, refrigerator and freezer. If utilizing warming ovens, the lessee must be instructed on usage prior to the event.
2. The kitchen and its contents must be cleaned and left in the same condition in which they were found. Please place all trash in or next to the trash containers and follow other posted kitchen rules.
3. The lessee will be responsible for the replacement or repairs to any part of the kitchen or equipment therein which has become broken, defaced or damaged as a result of the rental.
4. If utilizing a professional caterer, all members using the kitchen facility and handing any and/or all food items must follow procedures as required by the Department of Health Environmental Services.
5. All food and beverage items must be removed at the end of the function. No items may be stored for pick-up at a later date. Any leftover items will be discarded.
6. The Borland Center assumes no responsibility for the preparation and service of any food items.
7. The Borland Center staff has the authority and will enforce all rules and regulations governing the use of the kitchen and its equipment.
8. It is the responsibility of the rental group to provide their own preparation, serving and eating dishes, paper products, utensils, and all other items.
Damage fees are assessed in the following situations or as deemed necessary by The Borland Center:
1. Stains on walls
2. Broken furniture and/or equipment
3. Defacement of any part of the interior or exterior of the building
4. Damage created by improper use of equipment or non-compliance with facility rules
5. Equipment found to be missing as a result of a group using the building
6. Police called for emergency/disturbance
7. Unauthorized use of other rooms
8. Unauthorized extension of hours - this may include overtime fees as well as additional rental fees
9. You are limited to the number of people listed on your permit. Please provide us with the final count at least two (2) weeks prior to your event. If you have more people at your event than are listed on your contract, it could result in an additional rental fee.
10. Equipment left for storage - this includes outside equipment rentals
11. Any other circumstances which justify damage fees
The Borland Center staff will inspect the building immediately following the function. If deductions are necessary, the individual listed on the contract will be contacted within three (3) working days of the event to discuss any damage(s) noted during the walkthrough, or additional damage found afterwards, and what course of action will be taken.